The Puppy Mill Rescue Team consists mainly of rescues in New York, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. The team does have a few multi-state and national rescues as well who participate.
If you follow us on social media you will see many of the dogs that have been rescued through the team. When we post a dog, we also post the rescue that the dog is with. If you are interested in adopting a particular dog please reach out to the rescue mentioned and follow their application process.
Current Rescues With The Team
ABC BASSET RESCUE: NY
AKRON CANINE RESCUED ANGELS: NY
BELLA RUN EQUINE: OH
BERNARD’S BEAGLE RESCUE: NY
BETTER DAYS ARE COMING: NY
BIG EAST AKITA RESCUE: NJ
BLUE MOON MEADOWS: NY
BUCKEYE BORDER COLLIE RESCUE: OH
BUFFALO CARES: NY
BUFFALO PUG AND SMALL BREED RESCUE: NY
CHERISHED COCKERS: OH
CHOW CHOW RESCUE OF CNY: NY
COMPANION PETS OF CLEVELAND: OH
DEACON’S HOPE RESCUE: OH
FIND A HOME PET RESCUE, INC: IL
FREE TO BE ME RESCUE: NY
GOLDEN TREASURES RESCUE: OH
HAMBURG MUTTS FOR FREEDOM: NY
HOWL AT THE MOON SIBERIAN HUSKY RESCUE: OH
ITALIAN GREYHOUND CLUB OF AMERICA RESCUE: NATIONAL
K-9 ORPHANS, INC.: NY
LAKE ERIE LABRADOR RETRIEVER RESCUE: OH
MAGIC’S MISSION: NY
MASTIFFS TO MUTTS: MULTI-STATE
MIA FOUNDATION: MULTI-STATE
MONTY’S MATES BULLDOG RESCUE: PA
MOUNTAIN ROTTIE RESCUE OF NEW YORK: NY
NEW2U RESCUE: NY
NORTH AMERICAN SHAR-PEI RESCUE: NATIONAL
NORTHERN CHAUTAUQUA CANINE RESCUE: NY
OHIO AMERICAN ESKIMO RESCUE: OH
OHIO FUZZY PAWZ SHIH TZU RESCUE: OH
ONE AT A TIME K-9 RESCUE: OH
PASSION FOR PETS RESCUE: ME
PEIS & STRAYS: NY
PENNSYLVANIA GREAT DANE RESCUE AND REHAB: PA
PETS ALIVE WNY: NY
PUREBRED RESCUE ORGANIZATION OF OHIO: OH
REBEL RIDERS: NY
RESCUE PUPS: NY
THE RESCUE INN: OH
RESCUED TREASURES PET ADOPTIONS: NY
SAVING THE SAINTS AND MORE- NE & BEYOND: MULTI-STATE
SECOND CHANCE BOXER RESCUE: NORTHEAST
SEVENTH HEAVEN RESCUE: OH
SOUTHEASTERN OHIO SPCA, INC.: OH
SPEAK FOR THE UNSPOKEN: OH
STORY TELLER’S EXPRESS: MULTI-STATE
SUSIEQ DOG RESCUE: NY
S’WHEAT RESCUE: NATIONAL
TANNER’S PAWS: NY
THAT NEWFOUNDLAND PLACE: CT
TINY PAWS BIG HEARTS: NY
TRI-STATE COLLIE RESCUE: MULTI-STATE
WILLING HEARTS DALMATIAN RESCUE: NORTHEAST
WOLF SPIRITS TOY BREED RESCUE: OH
WOOF GANG RESCUE: WI
Information about joining the team.
For a rescue to be considered for joining the Puppy Mill Rescue Team, there are some basic requirements. If you are a rescue that is interested in joining the team, please contact us ASAP through our email address, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The basic requirements for team consideration are listed below.
1) We have both all-breed rescues and breed-specific rescue on the team. To be considered for joining the team, the rescue must be non-profit, incorporated in their state as such, and have a 501c3 status, or that the 501c3 is pending.
2) The rescue must be foster-based. The mill dogs must be kept in foster homes, not in a shelter. A couple of the rescues already on the team have shelters as well as foster homes. They know that the mill dogs are not allowed to stay in their shelter for more than a couple days, that they must be kept in a foster home. They need much more one-on-one attention than they can receive in a shelter environment. This does not apply to doggy daycares, however. If a rescue has the ability to have a foster attend a doggy daycare while the foster parent is working, that would definitely be acceptable, so long as the dog themselves are mentally and socially able to handle and enjoy doggy daycare.
3) The rescue must have a screening policy in place for screening not only potential adopters, but foster homes as well. We will discuss that privately with any potential rescue.
4) The rescue must have a policy about returned dogs. Their adoption contract must state that if any any time in the future the adopter is no longer able to keep the dog that they adopted, that they must return the dog to the rescue, and under no circumstances are they to surrender the dog to any shelter.
5) The rescue must understand that we do not purchase these dogs, they are surrendered by the mill owners to the team through veterinary clinics that are team members in the heart of mill country in OH. The only expenses to the rescues are the vetting expenses for each dog. Each rescue is responsible for the vetting fees for the dogs that they take, and must not let their bills become overdue. Like any vet clinic, payment is requested at time of service.
6) For a rescue to join the Puppy Mill Rescue Team, they must be in an area that we either already have transport available, or that we can accomplish it. If we have no means of getting the dog to a rescue, then we cannot add them. At this time, the states are zones we have established transport are limited to certain areas of Ohio, PA, and NY. We are working on expanding our reach, so that we may accept more rescues into the team. We are always looking for more ethical, responsible, reputable rescues to join!
7) Lastly, any potential rescue that qualify, must speak to one of the board members on the phone to learn the specifics of exactly how the team works. If after hearing how the team works to save these dogs, if the rescue is qualified and approved, they are required to set up an account with our team’s vet clinics, and we have a form that they will need to sign that stays with the board. Once that is done, they are added to the team and are able to begin stepping up for puppy mill dogs in need!